About Us

Our History

H. B. Humphries was founded by Harold Burghley Humphries in 1946, and he built his company over a career spanning 31 years. The company was originally based in Meadow Road in Kettering town centre, and moved to its current position on the Telford Way Industrial Estate in 1972.

Harold's son, Roger Humphries joined the company in 1962, at 15 years of age. When his father retired in 1977 he became Managing Director and worked alongside his wife Fran. Joining more recently were his son Lee, Managing Director of sister company HBH Laser; and daughter Niki, a Director of H. B. Humphries. During his 35 years as managing director, Roger has overseen an on-going expansion of the company and has guided it to the forefront of the sheet metal fabrication industry in the UK. This is thanks to a combination of employing a hugely experienced team and a continual investment in state-of-the-art equipment for the workshops. This has granted us a nation-wide customer base, and our produce can be found in popular landmarks all over the country, such as Chester Zoo and the Silverstone Circuit. 

In recent years, Fran Humphries has taken over as Managing Director of the company, which continues to flourish. 

Get In Touch

If you have any queries feel free to contact us via phone or email.

Request a Quote

© 2017 H B Humphries & Co. Ltd.

Contact Us

4 Telford Way, Kettering, Northamptonshire, NN16 8UN
T +44 (0)1536 512588
E fran@hbhumphries.co.uk